Monday, August 23, 2010

The weekend of amazing stories!

This weekend was pretty fabulous not just for me, but for the entire world as well!  I got to work (almost late!--damn elevator traffic) this morning and checked my two usual websites for news snippets I might find interesting (MSN and Perez Hilton- both very scientific and knowledgeable news outlets about all things current) and hot damn!  There are some crazy things going on in the world.

Perhaps the majority of people are completely aware of everything that goes on in the world because you have TV or an interest in it...or something.  I don't have TV.  I don't like TV.  Not ordering cable was one of the best decisions I've ever made because I get out of my apartment so much more.  I'm more social (which is hard to believe) and my life is just more fun and exciting and full in general without the burden of have "my shows."

Anyway, the top stories that caught my eye (and that hopefully you'll find interesting too!) are:

  • Miners in Chile have been stuck in a mine for 17 days and all 33 ARE ALIVE!  What absolutely wonderful and amazing news, especially for their loved ones to hear!
  • I thought Austin traffic was terrible until I read this.  60 miles.  9 days.  No thank you.
  • Sookie and Bill got married IN REAL LIFE this weekend!  (Note: I have yet to catch up on the 3rd season because it's not on DVD yet :-[ )
  • A traffic stop resulted in a surprise birth!
  • I think I only like this guy because he's Texan.  Southern boys are my Achilles heel.  So pretty. *Sigh*
I hope everyone's weekend was just as wonderful and crazy and fabulous as mine!  Here's a pic from my Saturday night.  It's a little blurry but it's at the Austin Fashion Week Awards Show After Party.  No, I wasn't invited.  We snuck in.  And got swag bags.  More on that tomorrow!
And I like this picture I took on Friday.  Do you know where it is?  The picture is pretty famously associated with the restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment