Perhaps the majority of people are completely aware of everything that goes on in the world because you have TV or an interest in it...or something. I don't have TV. I don't like TV. Not ordering cable was one of the best decisions I've ever made because I get out of my apartment so much more. I'm more social (which is hard to believe) and my life is just more fun and exciting and full in general without the burden of have "my shows."
Anyway, the top stories that caught my eye (and that hopefully you'll find interesting too!) are:
- Miners in Chile have been stuck in a mine for 17 days and all 33 ARE ALIVE! What absolutely wonderful and amazing news, especially for their loved ones to hear!
- I thought Austin traffic was terrible until I read this. 60 miles. 9 days. No thank you.
- Sookie and Bill got married IN REAL LIFE this weekend! (Note: I have yet to catch up on the 3rd season because it's not on DVD yet :-[ )
- A traffic stop resulted in a surprise birth!
- I think I only like this guy because he's Texan. Southern boys are my Achilles heel. So pretty. *Sigh*
And I like this picture I took on Friday. Do you know where it is? The picture is pretty famously associated with the restaurant.