Friday, August 27, 2010

I can't wait to sleep in tomorrow

This week I have not been home before midnight once, and I'm completely and utterly exhausted.  That's okay though because my week was well worth it!  I've been bowling, visited a new bar in West Campus the day before UT classes began (and felt very old--I'm almost 24!!!), and went to The Velveeta Room's Open Mic Night in hopes of seeing Dave Chappelle.  Monsieur Chappelle has been seen out and about Austin for the past week or so and it was rumored that if he were to do stand up, it would be at the Open Mic Night.  No such luck.  It wasn't a total waste because there were some very funny comedians (and some awkwardly terrible ones as well)!

This weekend I'm heading to The Big D!  I'm really excited because I'm going to see some of my besties in the whole wide world (and I can't wait to hizzity hang and do things that are only fun and funny with them and no one else because inside jokes are the best and I love them sooooo much!!!).  We have big plans to watch Titanic II on Saturday night.  It's going to be EPIC!!!  This is the movie of the year and I will be shocked if it doesn't win awards in every single category--Best Actor, Best Actress, Best Picture, Best Director, Best Costumes, Best Special Effects...you get the picture.

Tonight we're celebrating a girl's birthday.  I don't know her, but as evidenced by the past week, I obviously can't say no to a party (or social gathering of any kind).  So somehow I'm going to make it to Dallas, make it to a bar, stay awake in the bar, and then proceed to enjoy the inevitable after-party at someone's place before passing out until the late hours of Saturday morning.  My precious baby puppy-monster Cooper is staying with Grandma for the weekend, otherwise I'd have a 7 am wake up call to the tune of barking.

I hope you have an absolutely fantastic weekend full of friends and sleep!

 Next week, in addition to Loves Nicole, I will be contributing the Envisage blog-- a collaboration of women who share one picture a day.  Here's my bio!  Check it out starting on September 1st!

On a sad note, my very best and oldest friend lost her four-legged best friend today.  Rest in Peace, Hugs.  You will be missed by everyone who knew you.  Have fun in the afterlife carrying your bowl of food around and giving people sweet hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment