Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Master Cleanse, Day 1...again

I'm doing it again!  It's my first day of the Master Cleanse for the second time and I'm feeling pretty similar to the first time--a little light-headed and weak.  Kickball should be interesting tomorrow...

I started the day off with some Detox tea that I took last time and I've been steadily drinking my lime/agave/cayenne concoction since I got to work.  For lunch I had a cup of orange flavored tea.  That's quelling the hunger pains pretty well.
My goals this go-a-round are obviously to cleanse my body of the toxins I put into it on a daily basis and to neutralize my palette once more so that I'm not so addicted to dairy products and sweets.  Since I'm lactose intolerant this is a very good thing for my stomach, and the sweets, as everyone knows, are incredible unhealthy anyway. 

Last time I lost 20 pounds and gained back 10, which is supposed to be right on target and pretty normal.  I lasted 6 or 7 days (I don't recall off the top of my head) and I hoping to last at least 10 days this time.  I also need to get in gear for my friends' wedding because it'll be here sooner than we know it and I'd like to comfortably, not snugly, fit into my dress.  I think 20 pounds or so will do the trick and if I lose 10 with the cleanse then I can lose a pound or two a month until June and be good to go!

I already miss chewing...

Funny little coincidence: The Master Cleanse usually doesn't get into the news but some actor named Blair Underwood recently did the cleanse for some quick weight loss. 

No comments:

Post a Comment