Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Single.

After sleeping on it for a night, I'm feeling slightly better this morning.  But only slightly. 

I'm so angry at this point.  I'm still really sad that our relationship is over, and I feel really dumb that I was so blindsided by the end, but I'm angry because I feel like I had no say.  It was just over.  There was no talking about it {because it was via text, which is just a really shitty way to have any serious conversation.}

I'm trying to see all the positives in my life, and I know they are plenty.
  • My friends who immediately offered to come to my house at midnight to cheer me up last night.
  • My dog who snored by my side all night long.
  • The Dallas Running Club that I just joined.  Endorphins! 
  • The weight I'm going to lose because I have absolutely no appetite.  Although I will need to force feed myself if I'm runnning...
  • The money I'm going to get back from returning his Valentine's Day present.
  • The extra time I will have to focus on studying for and taking the GMAT.  Finally.
  • The cute guys I can flirt with when I go out. 
  • My awesome coworkers who comfort me at work when I'm a crying mess.  I really do wish I weren't so emotional.
  • My friends' husbands/boyfriends that send me nice messages to cheer me up.  I'm so thankful to know that there are mature, stand-up guys out there.
  • Can I say my dog again?  I just really love my boy.
  • My mom and stepdad who are so supportive of everything I do, even when I fail miserably. {cough:: half-marathon:: cough}
So I know I will get through this crappy time, but I also know it will take time.  This isn't my first break up.  Unfortunately, I've felt heartbreak before.  In the meantime I'll keep myself busy by surrounding myself with friends and focusing on what makes me happy.  I am so thankful for the time that we did have together, because he is a really good guy even though his actions this past day might not reflect that.  I just don't think I can see him for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment