Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Days 2 and 3 - Philadelphia to NYC

On our second day in Philadelphia, we woke early and a little dreary-eyed (Thanks a lot Dirty Frank's) to take the train to see Rich's parents in another part of Pennsylvania.  It was my first time on a train!!!  Yes, I've been on subways before, but this train went ABOVE GROUND!  (though it did start below.)  So I documented mundane things like....

Rich standing in the train station!

And a train behind us!

Once his parents picked us up we immediately drove across the river to Jersey to pick up his younger brother and head to the Shore.  Sick, Bro!  We drove around looking at the destruction Hurricane Sandy had caused-- houses filled with sand, once flat boardwalks warped and twisted, entire homes moved off of their foundations, but I didn't feel appropriate to take pictures of anything.  I'm not a fan of destruction and devastation unless it's on Emma and David's Kinect Party.  (Check out the dragons at 1:01)

After roaming around in the freezing cold, windy weather, we stopped at his parents' friends' house and I met Lucky Cat!  I can't resist a cute kitty picture.  Can you see the crazy in his eyes?  It's there and I had the bite marks to prove it!  Then we grabbed pizza, opened Christmas gifts, and headed back to Philly.

New Years Eve we woke up hungry and found a cute little cafe called Sabrina's Cafe and Spencer's Too.  Delicious and HUGE servings!  I had one of their specials-- Eggs Benedict with Canadian Bacon, Avocado, and home fries on the side.  They didn't serve mimosas so we went in search of a watering hole.

Pretty cherry blossoms (I think) we saw on our trek.

We found what we were looking for at Kite and Key.  Of course, that's after we walked around for 30 minutes because nothing was open at 10:30 in the morning.

And then we got on our train to New York City!!  There's a train person taking tickets up there.

The most flattering picture of us on the train.  New York bound!

Once we got in, we went to the Corner Bistro to get the Bistro Burger, and it was THE best burger I've ever had.  Juicy and delicious and it makes my mouth water just thinking about it!  After that we went back to the hotel to get ready for our swanky New Years Eve party in the Meat Packing District.

Here's our NYE goodies at our own private table at STKFANSAY!

We didn't sit alone at our little table for long.  We made friends!

Me and my honey all dressed up :)

Another new friend!  She and her friend were on the prowl for fresh man meat.  Hopefully they found what they were looking for!  They were pretty hilarious.

Mellini (pronouced like bellini), our new Brazillian friend.  She's a personal trainer in Brooklyn AND Brazillian so obviously she's gorgeous!
 
We left around 2 in the morning and grabbed food from a street food cart and I forgot my purse, which had my ID, which I needed in order to get back home to Texas.  Thank goodness for moms who overnight passports!  It was a fun, eventful New Years and I'm so happy I got to spend it with the man I love!

No comments:

Post a Comment