Thursday, December 9, 2010

These are the days of our lives...

Last night I was talking on the phone to my beautiful preggers friend.  She is seriously one of the most awesome people on the planet.  Gorgeous inside and out, incredibly smart, loving and caring.  I miss her so much it hurts sometimes since she lives so far from me now.

We were talking about how different and crazy our lives had become.  I made the statement "I'm sitting here while my blueberry chocolate chip muffins are baking (that was my dinner), having a second cocktail, and watching Gossip Girl before I go play dodgeball...and you're pregnant and married.  How did we get here?"  And we laughed about what a different turn our lives took after college. 

She eloped with the love of her life after knowing him a few months, and I thought I would be with my then-boyfriend of a year for the rest of our lives.  But break-ups happen, people move, babies are made, and here we are! 

It just goes to show you that you can't plan your life.  As much as I have tried, it just isn't possible.  I've recently tried more to let things go and go with the flow.  I was getting really stressed trying to plan my life, but our conversation really made me reflect and realize that I don't have control, God does.  So I'm going to leave things up to Him and hope that I like the plans He has for me!
 [photo courtesy of colormehkrazy]

No comments:

Post a Comment