Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Irony (or something...)

To be honest, ever since someone told me that Alanis Morissette's song "Ironic" wasn't correctly describing ironic situations I've been at a loss for what irony actually is, so let's just go with what I think it is--a black fly in your chardonnay.

I was about to write a post on Monday about how I've begun to think that most of my friendships from high school are pointless and we've both moved on and grown apart so getting together for reunions is just something for us to reminisce about and then forget about the person until the next reunion, never trying to continue the relationship past that short encounter...and then I met up with a friend from high school.  Of course I still feel the same way about our brief encounter, but I think it's ironic that the same day I was contemplating a post about meaningless high school friendships I meet up with a dude I knew in high school.

Next topic:  I keep listening to this song.

In the opening scene Diddy is flying in a helicopter over some desert starin' out lookin' all broodin' and shiz, and it got me to thinking.  I want SO BAD to go on a helicopter ride.  SO BAD!  There are a lot of helicopters around.  There has to be someone out there that can give me a little ride around so I can see my city from above and feel like I'm flying.  It's all I want.  I guess I want a lot of things: love, my own home, a brother dog for Cooper, no student loans, but right now, most of all I want this helicopter ride. 

This week is going to be super fun and busy!  Kellsey and Tay are getting in today.  Genevieve and Co. are getting in tomorrow.  Friday I leave to go to a lakehouse for the weekend to celebrate the new year with friends.  I can't wait for all the fun!!  Ooh, and tonight I'm gettin' ma hurr did!  I'm thinking darker.  Low lights and what not.  For the cut, I'm thinking something more dramatic.  Maybe bangs?

Happy New Year!

[image courtesy of here]

1 comment:

  1. hiya nikki this is irony http://theoatmeal.com/comics/irony

    ReplyDelete