Monday, December 27, 2010

Single digits!!!!

So I've been attempting this thing they call a "diet" for a while now.  It all started after my break-up with the ex-boyfrand.  I gained something like 15 pounds after our break-up...gross, huh?  Not to mention the 5-10 I gained when we were still together.  I call that the "love pounds."  He loves me, I gain pounds.  Life isn't fair.

I was getting close to having a 2 before the other digits in my weight.  Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's not about the number, it's about how you feel...whatever.  There is no way in hell I will ever let myself get near that again, unless there's a fetus inside of me.  Then all bets are off and I'm going to town on any and all food I want.  (Don't worry Ma, that won't happen for a long, long time!)

When I moved to Florida my uncle and I made a bet to lose weight since we were both fatties.  Long story short--my aunt cooks food that tastes way too good.  I was depressed.  Neither of us lost weight.

My move back to Austin was definitely for the best.  I was happier and in a place where I had to cook for myself.  That meant one meal a day with a couple of snacks thrown in.  Less food intake, more activity--weight loss was bound to happen.  I lost a little less than 30 pounds just by moving back.  I really wasn't exercising much at first, just going out more with friends, but that seemed to help.  My clothes were getting looser and I was getting closer to my beloved single-digit number in clothes.

Well, my friends...the day has come!  I am officially back into single digits!  I thank my new found love for running and a bet I made with Kellsey as to who could lose the most weight.  I don't actually know that I've lost much weight, but clothes in my closet that haven't fit in two years are loose on me.  I have a ways to go before I'm back to the weight I felt most comfortable in, but I'm making baby steps.

I'm just happy I can fit into the dress I really wanted to wear for New Year's Eve, except it's loose on me!  I'm debating getting another dress now...

The one I've been thinking about is this cute little Betsey Johnson dress I bought for a cocktail party in the Fall of 2007.  I saw it, fell in love, still love it, dream about it...you get the gist.  I'm obsessed with this dress:

But last Fall I found this dress, tried it on, and barfed.  With my extra poundage it was not so hot.  But this year it could work!
Although I don't think my bones stick out of my shoulders quite like the model's do, but like I said...baby steps.  (In all honestly, I don't think my bones will ever stick out like that.)

So I'm going to try on the dresses with shoes, coats, jewelry, etc. and figure out what looks best!  Woooooo weight loss!

No comments:

Post a Comment