Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Day 2-- Something you love about yourself

Oh, this is easy!  I love everything about me!  ...just kidding.  :)

There are some things that I do love about myself though.  I think I love my hyperactivity the most.  It's caused me to be extremely active and always looking for something to do.  I get bored very easily.  I have to be around people.  I get restless when plans aren't made and I'm proactive about getting friends together to do random activities.

I love that my friends are so social too, because it lends itself nicely to my personality...which I guess is the reason why we're friends?

At one point in college I felt like I was the only person that would make plans and gather the troops.  I was really annoyed with my situation.  It was like no one else wanted to do anything but sit around unless I said, "Hey!  Let's go hang out at The Capitol and play hide and go seek!"  (By the way, that's really fun if you haven't tried it.)  I realize now that there was no reason to feel that way.  Even if I was the person with the plan, everyone jumped on board and we would have a great time.  Luckily I got over myself.

I'm so moody sometimes.  Hormones?  I don't know. 

Just for funsies here's another thing I love about me: I forgive.

Sure, I'm a moody girl, but I get over things really quickly.

Example: You forgot to invite me on the NOLA trip next month?  Wow, that really sucks!  Why am I friends with you?  You can just forget me like that?   ...Ok, over it.  Y'all have fun!  Can't wait to see the pictures!  Maybe get a drunk dial from Bourbon Street? 

That's a true story by the way.  My friends did forget about me (also the reason for this emo post), but like always, I got over it really quickly.  There are 3 little steps to take to ensure that I will forgive you.

1. Own up to whatever you did to hurt my feelings.
2. Say you're sorry.
3.  Hug me.  (I really love hugs.)

That's it.  Do that and I'm putty in your hands.  BFFS4LYFE again!  However, if you fail to follow those three steps, I fail to get over whatever happened.  It's not pretty but I can hold a mean grudge.  Not one of my best qualities.  It stems from my inability to trust people who hurt me, and in my little head, if you follow the forgiveness steps then you are a nice, good, trustworthy person and I will continue to be your friend.

It's not complicated.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't forget that today is Election Day!  Go vote!  It's so important that you exercise this right.  We are incredibly blessed to live in this country where everyone can vote and say what they want and we're not persecuted for our actions.  I love America :)

I really like this quote from blogger Kristen after she went to Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert's joint rallies in Washington D.C.: "The rally was a reminder of how blessed we are to live in the United States, a place where everyone gets a vote, where we are free to share our opinions, where government is changed without bloodshed or military coups, and where differing political views may polarize, but never jeopardize our safety or our economic standing.  In a time when so much political animosity abounds, it was refreshing to see so many people come together to say, hey, LET’S TAKE IT DOWN A NOTCH.  We’ve got it pretty good."

[images courtesy of motherearthnews.com and boogiewoogieflu.blogspot.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment