Monday, November 8, 2010

Day 07 → Someone who has made your life worth living for

My family makes life worth living for. 

I strive to be a person my dad would be proud of, and when I screw up I am determined to fix my mistakes and move forward because I know that is what he would expect of me.

I try to be a role model for my younger cousins.  No family is perfect and sometimes I feel like my family is the furthest thing from it, so I want my younger cousins to have positive influences in their lives who they can relate to.  The ten year age difference between us is perfect because they see me as a friend, but at the same time they know I'm an adult and are conscious of the decisions I've made such as graduating from college, getting my own apartment, and paying my own bills.

I am so grateful for the rest of my family as well.  I look forward to growing old with them and continuing to share Thanksgivings and Christmases with our expanding families.  I can't wait for all of us to get married and start families and for our kids to be best friends just like my cousins and I have been since we were kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment