Sunday, July 31, 2011

Why my dog is a badass

Other title options: Everyone who doesn't like my dog can suck it!

Last night Cooper was a badass.  He woke up my mom at 5:30 in the morning barking his head off.  (Wait, it gets better.)  This is sort of normal as my dog isn't quiet.  At all.  Ever.  It's fine. 

She gets up to let him go outside, thinking maybe he just needs to do his business so they can both go back to sleep.  He runs outside, still barking, and then runs straight back inside, still barking.  They go back upstairs and he stares out the window looking into the street, still barking.  My mom sits next to him to see what he's barking at and sees a man get up from behind our car that's parked on the street and run to a car a couple houses down, jump in and take off with the lights off. 

Someone was trying to steal the car and Cooper must have sensed something wasn't right.

He may be deaf, but damnit, he's a guard dog and he's protective of his people. 

I love my little baby and am so proud of him for guarding his grandma while I was away!

1 comment: