Tuesday, July 12, 2011

New Beginnings

This weekend was absolutely amazing!  My wonderful childhood friend came in town to visit me with her sweet baby boy.  She is incredible.  The woman is pursuing her Masters in Nursing, has a part time job in nursing and has a four month old babe all while her hubs is in Afghanistan fighting for our country.  I am seriously amazed at the strength she has and she is such an inspiring mother.  It makes me tear up because I am so proud of her and so lucky to have her in my life.

Enough gushing...let's talk about her little bug!  He is such a sweet baby and we seriously stared at him for longer than is healthy most of the weekend.  We took him swimming for his first time and he floated on his own!  GENIUS, this kid, I tell you!
I died when he laughed.  His smile is absolutely precious!  Ignore the fuzziness...it's hard to hold a baby and take a picture at the same time!
We went shopping at the mall and Whole Foods since there is nothing like that in the middle of nowhere where she lives.  Damage was done.  Also, the Biebs made an appearance at Dillard's!
 In completely unrelated news, I'm moving to Dallas in two weeks!  I came in Monday and my boss told me she needed to see me in her office in 15 minutes.  I was thinking I was about to get in trouble but had no idea why.  It was completely the opposite.  The Marketing Director was on a conference call with her and wants me up in Dallas as the Marketing Assistant.  YES!  Yes, I will be there thank you thank you thank you!! 

I am so happy that my hard work is being recognized by my firm.  I've been here for about a year and a half and everyone here knows I'm not here to be a career receptionist-- I need to do more than sit at a desk and answer phones.  This is so exciting for me! 

I haven't been able to tell my mom because she's in Europe and not answering her cell or email (who could blame her?), but when she gets back and I leave five days later she will surely be in for a shock.  She'll be proud and supportive, of course, but we're incredibly close so this is a huge deal for us.

Now I just need to find someone to take over my lease, find a new apartment in The Big D and get to packing!

Dallas, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment