Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Where's the faith?

I feel like my generation has a serious lack of faith.  It's not just Christianity but any religion.  Most of my very best and closest friends are Atheists.  We've had the talk or have silently come to the conclusion to not discuss religion, just like I don't talk politics with friends who vote differently, so I'm not going to go into my thoughts on some of my best friends not being religious at all.

It's so weird to me though how a large number of people in my generation don't align with any religion.  My Jewish friends are Jewish-ish.  Sure, they were raised that way but they don't go to a synagogue nowadays.  And a handful of my Christian friends attend church or bible study, but even I don't attend regularly.

I'm at the point dating this guy that things like religion are popping up in conversation.  He doesn't believe in God.  I do.  Wholeheartedly.  I don't think it's going to work out since we have such opposite views.  I mean, he thinks I'm worshipping nothing, right?  If Atheists believe there is no higher power then essentially he would think I'm completely foolish for attending church and going on mission trips and even reading the Bible.  Can it work out if you have different religious views?

Not to get all future-y on you, but I plan on raising my children in a Christian household.  What would he say to that?  Why doesn't the perfect (and I mean perfect) guy just fall out of the sky?  I've been praying long and hard for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment