Thursday, May 26, 2011

I'm peeved...I think.

Kells, this is a post about my emotions.  Just warning ya!

You know how there are those families that always seem to have drama going on?  That's my family.  We could be on Springer, no joke.  Both sides too!  I come by my crazy honestly.  :)

A cousin of mine is getting married this weekend in Houston.  The entire family was invited...except me.  I am literally the only other family that they have in Texas.  Everyone else is in Michigan, Illinois, Oklahoma and Arkansas.

We had a falling out after I moved out of our apartment my senior year.  Then when my dad died it brought us together again and it seemed like we had moved past what had happened the year before.  Long story short, money can make people do really dumb things.

I thought that while we weren't friends anymore, we were family and that meant that we were invited to family events like weddings and reunions and births and deaths.  Obviously I was wrong. 

[Sidenote: We have daily family emails updating everyone on what we're up to.  Some of my family members get really tedious and include what the weather is like in their town and what they made for dinner.  It's cute and makes me laugh.]

In an email a while back my aunt told the family that my cousin was engaged and was getting married in May.  I didn't think anything of it when I didn't get an invitation because honestly, I had forgotten when her wedding was going to be.  Then this past week everyone keeps talking about going to Texas and wedding and congratulations to her.  It was then that I realized that my invitation must have gotten lost in the mail.  I should really write a strongly worded letter to the postal service.

No comments:

Post a Comment