Thursday, April 14, 2011

I want to change up my apartment

My room used to be very girl meets "antique-y leopard print" in college, and then when I was tired of that I changed it to girly meets really girly and spray painted a bunch of my stuff hot pink.  I loved it for about nine months but now I want to change it up again.

I'm thinking I want a white washed theme to my entire room.  I'll paint my furniture white and glaze it to give it a worn-in look.  Holly from Life in the Fun Lane is a blogger who has the cutest style and an even cuter little girl and makes the most gorgeous furniture.  She takes furniture she finds at thrift stores and makes them into works of art.  I'm taking my inspiration from her.  I don't think I'll be able to make my furniture look as fabulous as hers, but I'm going to give it a try!

I also want to try to DIY a mirror like this:
It's made with starfish, but my lovely friend, Lauren, suggested I spray paint sticks to achieve the same look.  I think that's a great idea!

And I love the look of this all white on white bed.  It looks so calming and serene--I need more of that in my life.  I'm a constant stress ball of emotions.

That's what I'm thinking so far for the bedroom.  I also want to tackle this project for my balcony.  I think I need some color out there.  Some bleeding hears and violets should do the trick, along with some pretty ferns.

Now to find the time to actually do all these projects!

Photos from Centsational Girl-- a great place to get inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment