Monday, August 29, 2011

It was a great weekend

Friday night I had friends over for some homemade chicken margharita pizza.  'Twas delicious if I do say so myself.

Saturday I woke up at Noon-thirty, hung out by the pool with friends and then went on a really fun date.  We had sushi at some fancy place with an automatic door.  Then we went to a bar to have fancy artisan beers.  I got Live Oak Hefeweisen...yum.  And then (yes there's more) we went to the Charlie Robison concert at the Granada Theater.  It was a great show and he was such a gentleman, opening my car door and everything!  Love that!  He hasn't called or texted so we'll see where this goes.  I'm not sure I'm over guy-I-was-hanging-out-with-frequently-in-Austin-but-there-were-no-labels and we have plans to hang out when I'm back in Austin this week sooooo I don't know.  He's in Austin.  I've lived and learned and don't do long distance.  It probably won't work out and I should just get over it.  Here's a picture of the concert!


Moving on.  Sunday I went to lunch with a friend of my dad's.  They went to high school in Michigan together and she now lives in Dallas.  It was really nice to catch up with her and I think we'll make it a normal thing.  She's a really smart woman and we have great conversation.  After lunch I hung out at my friend's dad's awesome pool.  She's house sitting his fancy house and we get the perks of the place!

My stepdad has a really dry sense of humor.  He regularly sends me pictures of my dog, updating me on his adventures.  I get these texts about once a day, sometimes more.  I think it's his way of reminding me that he still has my dog so I don't forget to bring him back to Dallas with me when I finally get a place of my own.  Yesterday he sent me this picture:
It was accompanied with the text "Photo of dog, he ran away"

I start flipping out wondering where the hell my dog is and respond asking him that.

He sends me this picture:
"He just ran to the next room out of the picture"

So my dad was trying to take a picture of the dog and he ran off, yet he still took the picture?!?  Hahaha ridic!!

I can't wait to have my baby here in Dallas with me!  We move into the new place on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment