Saturday, January 28, 2012

Things I found on the Internetz

 



30 Minute Buffalo Chicken Soup
serves 2 as a meal, 4 as a starter
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 8-10 oz), cooked and shredded
2 tablespoons coconut oil
1 sweet onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon oat flour
32 ounces low-sodium chicken stock
1/3-1/2 cup buffalo wing sauce
sliced green onions and cilantro for topping

Heat a large pot over medium heat and add olive oil. Add onions with a sprinkle of salt to the pot, stirring to coat, then cook for about 5 minutes until soft. Add in garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes more. Sprinkle in flour and stir for another 1-2 minutes. Add in stock, buffalo sauce and chicken, stirring constantly. Bring to a boil, then reduce and let simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring every so often.

Serve soup with cilantro and green onions on top.  (I amended this a bit for my yeast free diet.  Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Sauce has vinegar and canola oil in it...but I love buffalo chicken so I'm letting that slide...)

The Cook's Thesaurus

 Besides finding all of this stuff on the Internetz I've been working like crazy and doing my best to follow my Mantra of 2012: SKINNY AND SINGLE!!  I'm focusing on me this year.  All of the energy I've given to men my entire life will be for me.  I will look my best and feel my best this year.  I will find happiness within myself. 

In the month of January I've already gone from a tight size 10 to a very loose size 8.  My skin has cleared up.  My mood is better.  All in all, I'm much happier so far in 2012 than I was all of 2011.  It's going to be a very good year. 

If you'd like to learn more about the Yeast Free diet I've been doing since January 16th, check it out here.  Steph from A BEAUtiful Mess blogged about it last year and I was intrigued. but this year I tried it and so far I'm loving it!

No comments:

Post a Comment